Thursday, January 29, 2009

Batool Cheema's latest interview with Miss Pakistan World


Batool Cheema, you were crowned Miss Pakistan World when you were only 19 years old, that's quite a heavy title to carry at such an age. What were your experiences?
It was a unique experience, coupled with lots of fun. I met people who were inspiritional and made some very good friends.

You were Miss Pakistan World in 2004, how was it then and how is it now in 2009?
Well back then it was more time consuming because of all the assignments I had to do on an ongoing basis. I had a very busy & hectic schedule. Now, I finally had more time to sit back, relax and reflect on what I have learned from those experiences and plan for the future.


Are you still active in pageantry?
Not yet, I am studying at the moment. But hopefully I will get back, as Pakistan needs all the representation in the world, especially now!


Will you contribute to the pageant industry as you are still young?
If you ask me the same question 20 years from now, I will still be contributing to all those who contributed in my life and those who haven't. I won't ever grow old of my ways!


What is your advice to other Pakistani girls who want to enter into the Miss Pakistan World pageant?
If you are an outgoing female, who has an enriched personality and unique character, then you would make an ideal role model.


What do you forsee for Pakistan's Pageant Industry for the next 5 years, keeping in mind Pakistan has had only 6 years so far?
Hmmm...I don't know if it can get any better than it is now! But I know it will, as time makes everything better and perfect!


Would you want to work in Lollywood Film Industry?
Film industries are a field of work for the artistically inclined who enjoy expressing themselves via body language in front of the camera and in the public's eye; they become role models for many young folks, however they do not always make 'true' role models. Having succeeded this competition, is itself an acheivement symbolic of superficial success for me--so if I earned this title, then I must live to be a good role model and therefore I would rather invest my energy in a career where there is more service to humanity to make an everlasting positive impact on this world.

Have you been offered any roles yet?
Hehe...you wish!


Are you single? If so, what kind of men attract you?
I do not like men with wallets bigger than their hearts! Men who are respectful, and behave like gentleman are most admirable. I rate men by merit of character: the flawless the character, the more precious the diamond!


Are you planning to settle down soon?
Maybe !


Middle East Crisis, Pakistan-India Crisis, how would an ex- Miss Pakistan World solve something like that?
Well, first of all, I would have to start by cleaning up the corrupt government operations. Also, it is important to know whether our tax money and resources are being used to help CONSTRUCT the economy NOT invest in other activities! The role of the government in every nation is to serve their people. The least I can do is to advise all the people in these countries to develop other survival mechanisms in order for the country to survive.


Obama Election, whats your take on that!
Congratulations! Now that Obama is president, he has put himself into a position of responsibility and we will have to wait and see how well he uses his power, as the future unfolds.

Resignation of President Musharraf, any comments!
Mr. Musharraf, I hope you had fun in the "Line of Fire!"

No comments: